Thursday, February 2, 2012

Games and stuff...

<-----  1,000,000 points if you can tell me what video game this is from?

I know.  Too easy.  (I'll get you next time, Gadget! Next. Time.)

I think you'll see as this blog progresses that (and here comes a confession)
I am helplessly and unashamedly RETRO.

I fully embrace and have come to grips with the fact that it is no longer 1984... but that doesn't mean I have to stop liking all things old.

If your kids are with me for any length of time you'll begin to hear them dropping words like "cassette tape"
or "vinyl record" or "Petra" or "NES" or, on a particularly retro day, maybe even "Keith Green" (look for a blog post on him soon!).

Don't be alarmed.  Everything is OK.  I just want to make sure I'm doing my part in keeping the 'good old days' alive!  :)

But seriously, I have found that things from our not so distant past are not only very cool (because what's old is new again) but also less complicated and more pure than what I find today.  Now of course this doesn't translate 100% across the board... but for the most part, in terms of video games, television, and media in general, I'm a big fan of the old school and so excited about this blog!

This blog has been created to resource parents like you who desire to help lead your children in developing a relationship with Jesus that is lasting and real.  And because it's me, Mr. Retro Guy, most of my posts will have something to do with TNSDP (The Not So Distant Past).

I'll be providing a plethora of links and ideas that will hopefully do just that!  Some things will be silly, some will be serious, some will require tools, while others just a piece of paper, and some will be just for fun (because God invented fun!).  In any event, use one or all of these ideas and let me know in the comments what you'd like to see more of!

As you can see on the top of this page is a tab labeled "KIDS".  I have designed this page to be a portal for your kids (and you!) to discover some really cool things that I totally dig and think you'll dig too.  I will be adding things to the KIDS section every week, and highlighting something from this section on this page from time to time.

Some things I have in store for you:

  • More games
  • Great music
  • Cool videos
  • A kid's devotional
  • Awesome things to make and do
  • and lots more!
Look forward to some amazing things to see and do!

Note:  Even though the tab says KIDS, my intention is for you to interact with your kids using these activities.  More than likely a lot of the things I'll be posting will require the help of an adult (which means you :)

Our kids are growing up so fast, I don't want for us to miss the simple joy of just being with them as we discover God together!

Have fun... and most of all, enjoy your children that God blessed you with while they are still kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment