Thursday, February 23, 2012

Updates...

There have been some subtle updates to this blog that I don't want you to miss:

  • On the right hand side of every page ---> you'll find a miniature version of the full-blown calendar.  This mini-calendar has been designed to show you at a glance what is coming up within the next several days.  For example, as I write this post I see that the Pastor Beau Store is THIS Sunday.  My hope is that this calendar will keep all of us informed of the goings on regarding family and children ministry at Redding First.
  • I've added a tab on the top navigation bar entitled Downloads.  This is an ever-expanding list of pertinent downloads for you, the parent.  Eventually you will be able to download permission slip forms, songs, cool memorization tools, and more!  Be sure to check back often to see what I've added!
  • Under the Parent tab I've started to feature a revolving Parent Tip for us.  Every week you'll find a particularly informative or insightful parenting tip that I feel is worth sharing.  Be sure to check in periodically to see what's new!
  • Also on the Parents page, under Recommended Blogs, is a list of blogs that I regularly visit.  These are wonderful resources for us that are thought provoking and at times challenging :)
  • The Home Connection section in the right hand sidebar ---> makes available to you every week easy and fun ways to reinforce at home what your kids are learning from me and my staff of Sundays.  These Home Connections are also an excellent way for you to point out God Moments that may occur during your week and relate them back to what we are currently learning.

The sole driving force behind this blog is to provide you with constantly renewed resources that help equip and empower you to begin taking steps toward embracing your God-given role as the Primary Soul Shaper of your children.

Really, all it takes are small, consistent steps in the right direction... a few consistently dedicated minutes a week can begin to change the dynamic of your family and strengthen your relationship with your wonderful children.

God has called us, as parents, to be His champions to our children.  God has called me to help you do just that!

On the journey with you,

Pastor Beau

No comments:

Post a Comment