Thursday, February 2, 2012

Oh, MANNAcotti...




Who is this guy?  Nope, it's not John Travolta... it's Keith Green!  :)

Keith Green is one of my heroes.

I have never heard another singer with a more convicting voice of sincerity than this guy... and I listen to a LOT of music.

Every time I listen, I mean really sit and listen, I end up with tears in my eyes.  Keith Green was a man who let God work through him in a powerful, powerful way.

Growing up, Keith was played in my house often.  In fact, it was hearing Keith Green tickle the ivories like he did that made me want to do the same.  He could rock, he could funk, he could ballad.  In short, he was
awesome.

The kids in onQuest have heard about Keith Green from me for years.  In fact some of our favorite worship songs are his.

But I realized that they've never seen a video of him...

That is all about to change!  Since the second service kids will be learning about Israel wanting to go back to Egypt after God delivered them from slavery and complaining to Moses about it this Sunday, I figured now is the time to show them who this Keith Green was!  The video above is the one I'll be showing this Sunday.  You get the sneak peek!

Keith was a funny guy too.  Watch the video... you'll see what I mean :)

I'll be posting more about Keith Green periodically, but in the meantime, if you've never heard him before, listen... if you have, then listen again... I mean really listen.

Tell me what you hear.

2 comments:

  1. Beau - I remember hearing a similar song that was record by a blind pianist name Ken Medema. He actually did his song about the calling of Moses. See if you can find that one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Stephen!

    I'll look for it!

    PB

    ReplyDelete