Friday, March 9, 2012

How could I have missed this?

So there I was, drying my hands with one of those crazy blow dryer thingys, all the while thinking why they don't just hang up a pair of pants instead because that's what we all end up using anyway... when I discovered something that in all my hand-drying years have never known...


This may be the single, most important discovery I have made in at least 16 months... 
Something so amazing it has the potential to be life altering, world shattering, yes, maybe even world-peace attaining...
It's been right in front of my eyes for years and I didn't even see it... I've been missing out for so long... it's almost too good to be true, but there they are, two beautiful pictograph steps drawn for all to see...

Push button for bacon.

Continuous bacon? My life will never be the same again.

As I pondered this wonderful thought, 1 Chronicles 16:34 popped into my head.  While never-ending bacon would be awesome, when compared to God's never-ending love for us it means absolutely nothing.

I love bacon.  Period.  But God loves me more.  Period.

So, as you're out and about this weekend take time to look at all the ways God shows His love to you.
  • Take a moment to step outside and enjoy the sun and sky that He has given us.
  • Take your kids out and look up at the sky tonight and marvel at His awesomeness by finding Mars, Jupiter, and Venus, all visible with just your eyes!  
  • Go on a family walk and really look at the intricacies of His creation: the leaves on trees, the individual blades of grass, a rock, the things under the rock... and then ponder that YOU are His favorite.  
Yes, God is good and His love for us never ends!

On the journey with you,

Pastor Beau

2 comments:

  1. We need one of those in the guys bathroom at church. We could have a mens' breakfast in the bathroom!

    ReplyDelete