Saturday, March 3, 2012

Something to do on Saturday...

Most of you know that I LOVE making paper models... I'm fascinated that something 2 dimensional can become 3 dimensional with a bit of folding and glue :)

During my constant quest of finding great stuff to make I stumbled across My Little House - an awesome website created by a children's book illustrator that is full of wonderful paper toys that are not only cute, but very easy to make as well.

Since Easter is coming up soon I thought I'd highlight a very cool set of toys that when put together tell the story of Jesus' resurrection!

How cool is that?

PLUS... and here's the best part... IT'S FREE!  All you have to do is print, cut, fold, and glue!

This is a wonderful way to spend a Saturday with your kids...

For best (and longer lasting) results use cardstock instead of regular paper.  If you want to go all out, I use Canon Matte Photo Paper... but you can certainly use Walmart brand cardstock for similar results :)

For younger kids the rocks, trees, and tomb are the easiest to cut out and fold.

Parents, I'd suggest that you put the people together as some kids may find certain parts a bit fiddly.

Hint:  After you've built the set, have your children retell the story of Jesus' resurrection in their own words using your new Easter diorama.

And as always, if you make anything with your kids please send me a picture of your creations!

Don't forget to check out all of the other great things to make from this site as well!

On the journey with you,

Pastor Beau

1 comment: